Do you want a double pass to The Mapletons – Origami Army EP launch @ The Troubadour, Brisbane on on Saturday 27th February 2010? See below for details.
|Wearing the radiant glow of a Brisbane buzz-band whose current four-piece incarnation has been in existence since only August 2009, Mapletons have done very well for themselves indeed, having already tumbled their twee blend of technicolour pop-folk around the country in support of Howling Bells and Whitley in this short time.
After cornering the market on sweetly melodic, harmony-rich sounds, Mapletons
will launch their debut six-track EP Origami Army to Brisbane audiences on Saturday February 27 at The Troubadour.
With support from the haunting brilliance of McKisko and the jangly alt-pop of Edward Guglielmino and The Show, the launch will be a spotlight on the brilliant creative talents currently bubbling through Brisbane’s veins.
Beginning life as a duo way back when guitarist Derek Orr (holder of a true-dinks reference from Mr Peter Gabriel touting his ‘natural creative flair’) and keys-man Kane Mazlin were scoring wins in national song-writing competitions, Mazlin left to pursue mounting Hungry Kids of Hungary commitments. Rather than folding, Orr expanded on the momentum already built by rallying around the creative hub of musicians always crossing paths in Brisbane (Hanabi, Ellington, The Ehlers, Levic) to incorporate the all-singing combination of Anita Goldsworthy on keys and lead vocals, Carl Roosmale-Cocq on bass and programming duties and Mitch Clark on drums.
With ‘Gunpowder’ featured on soon-to-be-released indie film Jucy (from the directors of AFI nominated All My Friends Are Leaving Brisbane), a music video for ‘Seaside’ soon due and further interstate forays on the horizon, the current glow looks set to form an all-encompassing sweat by the time 2010 plays out.
Mapletons launch Origami Army EP:
Saturday Feb 27 – The Troubadour , Brisbane
With McKisko and Edward Guglielmino & The Show
Tickets: troubadour.oztix.com.au or 1300 762 545
$10 pre/$12 door
** Free copy of Origami Army – limited to the first 20 people through the door **
Do you want a double pass to The Mapletons – Origami Army EP launch @ The Troubadour, Brisbane?
To go in the draw for a double pass to The Mapletons – Origami Army EP launch @ The Troubadour, Brisbane on on Saturday 27th February 2010, just ## Event Finished ##:
Note: Ensure you use a valid email address as the winners will be notified by email on the 24th February 2010.
It ’s that simple!
Conditions of Entry
1. Entry to this giveaway is for people 18 years of age or older.
2. Winners will be notified by email.
3. Winners will be determined by LifeMusicMedia. All entries become the property of LifeMusicMedia.
4. No correspondence will be entered into and the prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
5. By entering any LifeMusicMedia giveaway, if you are not already a LifeMusicMedia subscriber you give permission to be included as a new LifeMusicMedia subscriber. Note: subscription is free and you may unsubscribe at anytime.
6. This double pass giveaway is for one(1) double pass per winner, to The Mapletons – Origami Army EP launch @ The Troubadour, Brisbane on on Saturday 27th February 2010
Photo Gallery: McKisko + Scott Spark @ The Powerhouse, Brisbane 10 May 2009
Mélanie Pain @ The Zoo, Brisbane with McKisko : 17 March 2009 : Photo Galleries