|* The John Butler Trio makes a welcome return with their new single ‘One Way Road’. This is the first radio song from their new studio album called ‘April Uprising’.
* With over a million copies of two of their previous albums, ‘Sunrise Over Sea’ & ‘Grand National’ sold around the world, and sell out tours in USA/ Canada/ Europe & Japan, JBT continue to prove they are one of Australia’s greatest musical exports.
* The new album ‘April Uprising’ was recorded in John Butler‘s Studio, ‘The Compound’, in Fremantle WA. John revisited the same partnership of the highly successful ‘Sunrise Over Sea’ album with Robin Mai on engineer & mixing duties and Nicky Bomba returning on drums. The album is produced by the JBT which includes new bassist Byron Luiters.
* The new single hit the stores on Dec 11th and includes three extra tracks – I’m Ready (b-side), Johnny’s Gone (demo) and a live version of One Way Road recorded in Sydney. Different Digital bundles available also.
* New Album ‘April Uprising’ out in late March 2010
* ‘One Way Road’ Single Tour begins Jan 7th through Jan 16th playing all major Australian cities & Leeuwin Estate Winery, Margaret River, WA & West Coast Blues.
* John Butler describes the new track, “One Way Road is the combination of pretty much most of my musical influences; dancehall, roots & rock. Some how we found a way to bring all these feels in a way that sounds natural and not too contrived or cerebral. I’m really happy with how we captured the vibe of this song.”
– John Butler Trio
January 7th 2010 – The Barton Theatre, Adelaide
January 8th 2010 – Palace Theatre, Melbourne
January 9th 2010 – Canberra Theatre Centre, Canberra
January 12th 2010 – The Tivoli, Brisbane
January 13th 2010 – Enmore Theatre, Sydney
January 14th 2010 – Newcastle Panthers, Newcastle