Greenfest – free green festival of emerging music and community action.
Australia’s largest free green festival happens at South Bank, Brisbane 10-12 October 2008.
Jam packed with 100% original Australian emerging musicians, the Greenfest Music Festival is all about giving great new talent a go. The free music festival includes a line up of the hottest promising local musicians of all genres including:
- Golden Sound & The Outfit
- Skipping Girl Vinegar
- The Red Paintings
- Very Unique Existence
- Andi & George
- Jason Lowe
- Ngairee Joseph
- Shannon Marshall
…and many more listed at http://www.greenfest.com.au/music_festival
The music will be over two stages on the hour; Green Heart Stage and Good Vibes for you Stage on:
Friday 10 October from 4pm to 10pm
Saturday 11 October from 10am to 10pm
Sunday 12 October from 10am to 5pm
For full schedule of performances at the Greenfest Music Festival, visit http://www.greenfest.com.au/music_festival
All of the musicians have given in some way, to help Greenfest get off the ground in its first year. All sessions are free, so come and support great new artists whilst expressing your love of mother earth!
For more information on all the Greenfest acts visit www.greenfest.com.au
Music and More…:
- Music festival, over 50 of Australia’s top emerging acts for free and full of fresh energy! Choose your music on the schedule and come together for a cooler planet.
- Opening speech by Dr Jane Goodall 1200 Friday 10th October Piazza
- 150+ exhibitors of greener cars, fashion, building, homewares, gardening, food, careers and more, come and view this incredible community of innovators.
- Speakers festival, extraordinary talent in a fresh free to the public format of three speakers per hour on one topic and then your chance to enter the Q&A panel session!
- Short film festival of local film makers, music and fun for all 7-10pm Friday 10th
- “Whaledreamers” feature movie with Director Kim Kindersley and cast member Bunna Lawrie present, 5-7pm Saturday 11th Piazza
- Interactive Art proudly presented by Excel events. How does a raindrop become a river? By coming together with lots of others! Come and paint your raindrop and hang it on the Greenfest Global Tunnel of Love. All hours throughout the festival.
- West End Cabaret, a mix of West End’s musical and theatrical tribes in one great show on Saturday night.
All exhibitions, speakers and performances are free. Participation by new and renewed generations together is a formula for resonance and by just turning up you will have taken action for sharing a greener world.
Greenfest offers real benefits to schools and universities and is committed to working towards conserving Australia’s natural habitat. Become a Greenfest Friend at www.myspace.com/greenfestbrisbane.
Greenfest is Brisbane’s free green festival and place for fresh energy! It’s a place to trust that coming together and sharing is the way towards a cooler planet!
Where: South Bank Brisbane
When: Friday 10th October 12:00pm – 10:00pm
Saturday 11th October 10:00am – 10:00pm
Sunday 12th October 10:00am – 5pm
How to get there: South Brisbane Railway Station or Cultural Center Bus Station are the closest public transport facilities to Greenfest which takes place from the Cultural Forecourt to the Piazza in South Bank.
Entry: FREE to all areas, exhibits, concerts, speakers