|Gay Paris list themselves as Swamp Stomp/ Shack Funk/ Bastard Rock, and that’s exactly what this album delivers. The growling, gritty vocals of WH Monks complemented by dirty guitar driven rock riffs and killer drumming. There is an underlying 80’s stadium rock vibe throughout and with songs like “My First Wife? She Was A Fox Queen!” setting the stadium rock anthmatic standard.|
One noteable variation came in at track 8 “Soliloquy From Either Station”. Slow chant stomp with Elvis styled vocal and haunting violin hovering above. An unexpected highlight.
– The Skeleton’s Problematic Granddaughter – Gay Paris
Gay Paris are:
Adam ‘Six Guns’ Simpson – Drums
Lachlan ‘Ol Black Tooth’ Marks – Guitar/vocals
Dean ‘Slim Pickins’ Podmore – Bass/vocals
Luke ‘Wailin H’ Monks – Vocals
Check them out on YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/user/GayParisMusic
Share this by using the “Share” link above -and/or- use the Facebook “Like” button.
Love it, like it, it’s ok or it’s just not for you… Leave a comment below and tell us what you think.
1. Turns Out You’re Not A Cowgirl After All
2. Deadrie Fell’s Dog Park Blues
3. Future Wolf And The Gay Parisian Milk Incident
4. And Lo! She Behold The Pale Surgeon
5. House Fire In The Origami District
6. The Black Tooth Supper Club
7. My First Wife? She Was A Fox Queen!
8. Soliloquy From Ether Station
9. Skyship Of The Contrabandistor